Wednesday, August 6, 2008

SUMMER'S OVER

What the hell? It feels like summer just started and now I'm really relaxed and I want to stay this way forever!! I hate the pressure of homework when you just want to sit and be a couch potato, and I hate having the time crunch and fitting things in from school, to my horse, to my pets, and my friends. In November the show season will cool down and my horse and I will have a while to just chill out through fall and winter. Brr, I don't want Winter to come either. It's too cold for me! Riding when it's -10 is not fun. Everything from the tips of your toes to the bit in the horse's mouth is frozen.
But it's not Winter yet, so I don't have to worry, heehee. I was so excited when I found out that I won 3rd place in the overall placings for Advanced Green in VHT's Springfest. Advanced Green is like the bottom of the bottom, but whatever, my pony's green! The next show we are doing is a Combined Test and Pacetrack on August 16, two days after my birthday! I'm gonna have a lot of work ahead of me to get my white pony as clean as can be before the show. And if you don't know what a Pacetrack is, it's basically just like a track that you go around and you are timed, and you have to get your time within a reasonable range: not too fast and not too slow.
After the Schooling Show on August 16, I'm going to be a groom for my two friends, Caitlyn and Julia, when they go to Northern Virginia to compete in a competition called Difficult Run. Then, the next weekend, Stewy and I are off to Lexington for a two-day Starter Trials show on August 30-31. Hopefully I won't die! The nice thing is I will get to school the Cross-Country course before I go do it for time. We will be doing Beginner Novice so that Stewy will get a little extra practice. Hopefully (MAYBE) for fall-fest next year we might be able to move up to Novice, but if we can't it's fine.
After Starter Trials, I have Rosemont, or at least I hope I do, and it's a Dressage show, and hopefully I will qualify for BLMs too, which are basically like championships if you get 62.00 or higher.
After that, I want to do a little schooling show at Wavertree hall and then another one at Cedar Creek.

So that's my fall plan!! I hope I didn't totally bore you.........but if I did I'M SO SORRY!!

Check in later,

Rachel

No comments: